Tuesday 2 April 1929US date format: 4/2/1929, UK date format: 2/4/1929
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on April 2, 1929). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Frans Andriessen and Jane Powell.
Finis terrae, directed by Jean Epstein, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 2 April 1929
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 April 1929!
Which were the important events of 2 April 1929 ?
- JP and Trang in Valleyfair
- Saint Franciscus of Paola (+1507)
- Blessed Arnold of Leuven
- International Children's Book Day
- Saint Genoveva of Brabant (+1760)
- Malvinas Day in Argentina.
- Sizdah be dar in Iran
- Frans Andriessen: Dutch politician, a minister of finance.
- Jane Powell: Actress.
- Bo Schembechler: Coach.
- Catherine Gaskin: Romantic Novelist (Fiona, Coporation Wife).
- Milan Kundera: Writer.
- Serge Hutin: French writer on esoteric subjects and the occult.
- Wallace Smith: Wallace (Bud) Smith was a promising amateur boxer who went on to win the world lightweight championship.
- Ed Dorn: American poet and educator (d. 1999).
- Frans H J J Andriessen: Dutch MP (KVP / CDA).