Tuesday 14 January 1947
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on January 14, 1947). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Nicholas Bissell Jr and Beverly Perdue.
Odd Man Out, directed by Carol Reed, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching Muffin the Mule.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 14 January 1947
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 January 1947!
Which were the important events of 14 January 1947 ?
- Day of St. Basil the Great in Eastern Orthodoxy, January 1 on the Julian Calendar.
- Feast of Divina Pastora, in Barquisimeto, Venezuela.
- Makar Sankranti in India. The event is marked by flying kites. Also Pongal in South India.
- New Year's Day in Eastern Orthodoxy, see Julian Calendar.
- Festum Asinorum, medieval burlesque festival celebrating the Flight into Egypt.
- Nicholas Bissell Jr
- Beverly Perdue: American politician.
- Nicholas Bissell: American attorney found to have skimmed over $200,000 from a gas station that he partly owned, as well as an array of other charges, including Federal embezzlement, fraud and tax evasion, blackmail and forgery.
- Bill Weberniuk: Canadian snookers player.
- Bev Perdue: American educator and politician 73rd Governor of North Carolina.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1947 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Managua, Nicaragua - Freddy Martin & His Orchestra
- Sonata - Jo Stafford