Wednesday 14 June 1939
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on June 14, 1939). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Colin Thubron and John F MacArthur.
Five Came Back, directed by John Farrow, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
On TV people were watching Trooping the Colour.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 14 June 1939
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 June 1939!
Which were the important events of 14 June 1939 ?
- Flag Day (United States)
- Liberation Day (Falkland Islands)
- International Weblogger's Day ? Celebration of the work of webloggers around the world
- World Blood Donor Day  ? Celebration of blood donation on the birthdate of Karl Landsteiner, who discovered ABO blood groups
- Roman Empire ? eighth day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- Mother's Day (Afghanistan)
- United States: Birthday of the U.S. Army
- Colin Thubron: English journalist and author.
- Steny H Hoyer: (Rep-D-Maryland, 1981- ).
- John F MacArthur: American evangelist.
- Steny Hoyer: American lawyer and politician.
- Peter Mayle: English author and screenwriter.
- Tientsin Incident: The Japanese blockade the British concession in Tianjin, China, beginning a crisis which almost causes an Anglo-Japanese war in the summer of 1939.