Saturday 14 March 1908
It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces (see planets position on March 14, 1908). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Maurice Merleau-Ponty and Nikolay Petrovich.
Easy Money, directed by La La King, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 14 March 1908
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 March 1908!
Which were the important events of 14 March 1908 ?
- Albania - Summer Day: Albanian holiday Summer is celebrated in this day in Elbasan and its surroundings.
- Pi Day - unofficial mathematics holiday.
- Roman Empire - Equirria, horse races in honor of Mars were held.
- Saint Mathildis
- Saint Paulina
- Blessed Eve of Liege
- Japan - White Day: Japanese holiday similar to Valentine's Day (men give gifts to women).
- Maurice Merleau-Ponty: French philosopher, the author of "Humanism and Terror," 1947 and "Phenomenology of Perception," 1962.
- Nikolay Petrovich: Rakov composer.
- Philip Conrad Vincent: British motorcycle pioneer (Vincent Black Shadow, Vincent Rapide and Vincent Black Lightning) (d. 1979).
- Anthony Caillot: French Catholic bishop, the titular bishop of Bononia and coadjutor of Evreux from 1962 to 1964, then Bishop of Evreux from 1964 to 1972, and Bishop Emeritus of Evreux from 1972 to 1994.
- Maurice [Jean Jacques] Merleau-Ponty: French philosopher.
- C Martyn: Sri Lankan politician.
- Philip Vincent: English businessman founded Vincent Motorcycles (d. 1979).
- Ed Heinemann: American aircraft designer (Douglas Aircraft) (d. 1991).
- Stanley Cup: MontrTal Wanderers beat Toronto Trolley Leaguers, 6-4.