Monday 16 March 1908
It was Monday, under the sign of Pisces (see planets position on March 16, 1908). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include René Daumal and Robert Rossen.
Easy Money, directed by La La King, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 16 March 1908
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 March 1908!
Which were the important events of 16 March 1908 ?
- St. Urho's Day - the fictional patron saint of Finnish immigrants to the US, created by Richard Mattson in 1956
- Latvia - The controversial Latvia Legions are celebrated in Latvia, where about 140,000 men joined the Waffen SS National Legions during World War II, trying to defend Latvia. Since February 23, 2000, this day is no longer an official celebration day.
- Saint Heribert of Cologne (died 1021)
- Saint Eusebia (+680)
- Saint Benedicta (+1260)
- Saint Agapitus
- The first day of the Bacchanalia in ancient Rome
- René Daumal: French writer, His unfinished fantasy; "Mount Analogue" was published with a commentary in France, 1952, and in America in 1960 with notes on what he was trying to say.
- Robert Rossen: American film director, screenwriter and producer (d. 1966).
- Jacques Bingen: French high-ranking member of the Resistance during World War II who, when captured by the Gestapo, chose to commit suicide on 12 May 1944 rather than risk divulging what he knew under torture.
- Frederick Weiseman: American military, major general, U.S.
- Rene Daumal: French writer (d. 1944).
- Frederick Wieseman: Milwaukee Military man.