Wednesday 25 March 1908US date format: 3/25/1908, UK date format: 25/3/1908
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries (see birth chart on March 25, 1908). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Helmut Käutner and David Lean.
Easy Money, directed by La La King, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 25 March 1908
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 March 1908!
Which were the important events of 25 March 1908 ?
- Maryland Day.
- Saint Pelagius
- International Waffle Day in Sweden.
- Freedom Day in Belarus
- Greek Independence Day.
- As the day falls close to the vernal equinox, similar to the way Christmas falls near the winter solstice, both days are regarded as one of the Quarter Days to Christians in the British Isles. (see below)
- Traditional date of the start of the new year in England and Wales, until the Calendar Act of 1752 (called Lady Day - see below).
- Traditional date of the death (circa 33), of Jesus, central figure in Christianity (b. circa 1 BC in traditional dating)
- In Christianity, March 25 is typically celebrated as the day of the Annunciation so long as it does not coincide with a Sunday or during Holy Week. (see below)
- The Annunciation of the Blessed Virgin Mary (Lady Day) - this date is nine months before Christmas Day, and is based on the traditional date in Catholicism of a 1 BC - Annunciation of the Virgin Mary and conception of Jesus.
- One of the four Irish Quarter days in the Irish calendar.
- Saint Dysmas, the 'Good Murderer'
- Saint Harold
- Saint Humbert
- The date of the passing of Sauron in J.R.R. Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings. Many fans celebrate this day by throwing parties.
- Saint Izaak
- Helmut Käutner: German actor, director and screenwriter,...
- David Lean: English film director, producer,...
- Bernard Jensen: American advocate of health through diet...
- Arthur Dreifuss: director/producer (Murder in Amsterdam),...
- Helmut Kautner: German actor and director (d. 1980).
- Durham Stevens: American lawyer and diplomat (d. 1908).
Birth chart on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1908 ?
Top #6 songs in the USA
- I'm Happy When the Band Plays Dixie - Billy Murray & Haydn Quartet
- As Long as the World Rolls On - Peerless Quartet
- Come on and Kiss Yo' Baby - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
- Merry Widow Waltz - Prince's Orchestra
- King of Rags - Arthur Pryor's Band
- Some Day You'll Come Back to Me - Harry Macdonough & Frank Stanley