Tuesday 17 March 1908, St. Patrick's Day
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include André Larquetoux and Brigitte Helm.
Easy Money, directed by La La King, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 17 March 1908
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 March 1908!
Which were the important events of 17 March 1908 ?
- Ancient Rome - the second day of the Bacchanalia in honor of Bacchus
- Ancient Rome - the Liberalia in honor of Liber
- St. Agricola
- St. Joseph of Arimathea
- Feast day of St Patrick: a public holiday in Ireland (National feast) and Montserrat, widely celebrated in North America and worldwide (see St. Patrick's Day)
- Ancient Latvia - Kustonu Diena (return of the larks) observed
- Boston, Massachusetts - Evacuation Day
- André Larquetoux
- Brigitte Helm: German actress (d. 1996).
- Radie Britain: composer.
- Oscar Gundersen: Norwegian jurist and politician of the Labour Party.
- Andre Larquetoux: French engineer and inventor.
- Marcel Perrin: France sport Champion.
- Quickest world heavyweight title fight (Tommy Burns knocks out Jem Roche in 88 seconds).