Tuesday 17 March 1908, St. Patrick's Day
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Brigitte Helm and Radie Britain.
while The Trail of the Lonesome Pine by John Fox, Jr. was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 March 1908!
Which were the important events of 17 March 1908 ?
- Ancient Rome - the second day of the Bacchanalia in honor of Bacchus
- Ancient Rome - the Liberalia in honor of Liber
- St. Agricola
- St. Joseph of Arimathea
- Feast day of St Patrick: a public holiday in Ireland (National feast) and Montserrat, widely celebrated in North America and worldwide (see St. Patrick's Day)
- Ancient Latvia - Kustonu Diena (return of the larks) observed
- Boston, Massachusetts - Evacuation Day
- Brigitte Helm: German actress (d. 1996).
- Radie Britain: composer.
- Oscar Gundersen: Norwegian jurist and politician of the Labour Party.
- Andre Larquetoux: French engineer and inventor.
- Marcel Perrin: France sport Champion.
- Quickest world heavyweight title fight (Tommy Burns knocks out Jem Roche in 88 seconds).
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?