Wednesday 14 April 1943US date format: 4/14/1943, UK date format: 14/4/1943
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on April 14, 1943). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Bill Conti and Robert Hormats.
The Ghost and the Guest, directed by William Nigh, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 14 April 1943
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 April 1943!
Which were the important events of 14 April 1943 ?
- Vishu - Harvest festival in Kerala, India.
- N'Ko Alphabet Day - the anniversary of the day the N'Ko alphabet was completed in 1949.
- Tamil New Year - Celebrations for Tamils all over the world.
- New Year Celebrations in parts of India and whole of Sri Lanka.
- Baisakhi - Celebrations in Punjab, India.
- Poila Baisakh - Celebrations in Bengal, India.
- Youth Day in Angola.
- Black Day - Informal celebration day for single people in South Korea.
- 2nd Day Passover (in 2006) - Jewish festival.
- Robert Hormats: Public Servant.
- Bill Conti: Director.
- Clarice Elaine: Gaylord; director of research grants (EPA).
- Yvonne Vriens-Auerbach: Dutch Member of Parliament (CDA).
- Fouad Siniora: Lebanese businessman and politician 65th Prime Minister of Lebanon.
- Gen Alexander / Eisenhower / Anderson / Bradley discuss assault on Tunis
- Generals Alexander, Dwight Eisenhower, Anderson, Bradley discuss assault on Tunis.