Monday August 14, 1916
US date format: 8/14/1916, UK date format: 14/8/1916
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo (see birth chart on August 14, 1916). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democrat), the UK Prime Minister was H. H. Asquith (Liberal), Pope Benedict XV was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Andrew Watt Kay and Andrew Kay.
The Danger Girl, directed by Clarence G. Badger, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of August 14, 1916?
- Paraguay - Flag Day
- St. Maximilian Kolbe
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of several saints: St. Eusebius of Rome
- United States - National Code talkers Day
- See more
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 14, 1916?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Billy Murray & Elsie Baker - Simple Melody
- Columbia Mixed Double Quartet - The Battle Hymn of the Republic
- Columbia Mixed Double Quartet - America
- Al Jolson - Down Where the Swanne River Flows