Monday 14 August 1916
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 14, 1916). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Andrew Watt Kay and Andrew Kay.
The Danger Girl, directed by Clarence G. Badger, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 14 August 1916
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 August 1916!
Which were the important events of 14 August 1916 ?
- Paraguay - Flag Day
- St. Maximilian Kolbe
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of several saints: St. Eusebius of Rome
- United States - National Code talkers Day
- Pakistan - Independence Day
- RC saints - Maximilian Kolbe (Polish Franciscan priest martyred by Nazis in 1941)
- Morocco - Allegiance of Oued Eddahab or Rfo de Oro
- United States - National Creamsicles Day
- Andrew Watt Kay
- Andrew Kay: Scottish physician, surgeon and regius professor of Surgery at the University of Glasgow from October 1964.
- Fumio Fujimura: Japanese baseball player and manager (d. 1992).
- Wellington Mara: Co-Owner of the New York Giants (d. 2005).
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1916 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Down Where the Swanne River Flows - Al Jolson
- America - Columbia Mixed Double Quartet
- The Battle Hymn of the Republic - Columbia Mixed Double Quartet
- Simple Melody - Billy Murray & Elsie Baker