Friday 14 September 1956US date format: 9/14/1956, UK date format: 14/9/1956
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo (see birth chart on September 14, 1956). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Costas Karamanlis and Ray Wilkins.
In UK Whatever Will Be Will Be (Que Sera Sera) by Doris Day was in the top 5 hits.
The Last Wagon, directed by Delmer Daves, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while The Mandarins by Simone de Beauvoir was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Noah's Ark.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 14 September 1956
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 September 1956!
Which were the important events of 14 September 1956 ?
- Eastern Orthodox Church - Exaltation of the Cross, which commemorates the discovery of the (allegedly) original Christian cross in 326 by Helena, mother of Constantine, as well as the recovery from the Persians by Heraclius in 628.
- Formerly, in the Roman Catholic and Anglican churches, the Wednesday, Friday and Saturday following 14 September were observed as one of the four sets of Ember days. In the Irish calendar they were known as Quarter tense.
- Roman Catholic Church - Triumph of the Cross (compare May 3, Finding of the Holy Cross).
- In ancient Greece, the first day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, during which the sacred objects were brought from Eleusis to Athens.
- Costas Karamanlis: Greek politician, the leader of the...
- Ray Wilkins: English footballer and manager.
- Kostas Karamanlis: Greek lawyer and politician 181st Prime...
- Joe Penny: London, England -- Actor (Gangster Wars,...
- Lefteris Zagoritis: Greek lawyer and politician.
- First prefrontal lobotomy performed, Washington DC.
Birth chart on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1956 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
- Whatever Will Be Will Be (Que Sera Sera) - Doris Day
- Anne Shelton - Lay Down Your Arms
- Rockin' Through The Rye - Bill Haley & His Comets
- Teenagers featuring Frankie Lymon - Why Do Fools Fall In Love
- Tony Martin - Walk Hand In Hand
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?