Thursday 15 April 1920
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Olivier Debré and Richard von Weizsacker.
Allan Quatermain, directed by Horace Lisle Lucoque, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
while Mary-Marie by Eleanor H. Porter was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 April 1920!
Which were the important events of 15 April 1920 ?
- Major League Baseball celebrates "Jackie Robinson Day" each April 15 in all MLB ballparks.
- Saint Paternus
- Saint Petrus Gonzalez
- In the United States, April 15 is the official deadline for filing tax returns: all forms mailed to the IRS must be postmarked no later than this day, so many post offices across the country stay open until midnight to accommodate procrastinators (or those who owe tax and want to wait as late as possible to pay). (If this day falls on the weekend, as in 2006, the following Monday becomes the deadline. Additionally in 2006, Patriot's Day moved the tax deadline to Tuesday, April 18, for those in
- Father Damien Day ? celebrated annually in Hawai'i.
- Arirang Festival is held in North Korea to commemorate Kim Il-sung's birth.
- Saint Hunna.
- Saint Basilissa
- Blessed Waltman of Antwerp
- Ancient Latvia ? Tipsa Diena was observed.
- Roman Empire ? the Fordicia was celebrated in honor of Terra.
- Olivier Debré: French painter.
- Richard von Weizsacker
- Laurent Lucas: French trade unionist, who served as deputy secretary general of the CFDT.
- Richard Weizsäcker: German politician, the President of Germany 1984-1994.
- Roger Rondeaux: France sport Champion.
- Pierre Frignet: Valence EXecutives.
- Godfrey Stafford: English-South African physicist and academic (d. 2013).
- Thomas Szasz: Hungarian-American psychiatrist and academic (d. 2012).
- Richard von Weizsäcker: German soldier and politician 6th President of Germany (d. 2015).
- Heinz Fidelsberger: Austrian astrologer, physician.
- Jacob van Stolk Azn art collector: dies at age 74.
- New Canadian small cent coin is released
- Two security guards are murdered during a robbery in South Braintree, Massachusetts. Anarchists Sacco and Vanzetti would be convicted of and executed for the crime, amid much controversy.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1920 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Wonderful Pal - Art Hickman & His Orchestra
- Mystery - Paul Biese Trio
- That Naughty Waltz - Joseph C. Smith's Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?