Saturday 15 February 1947
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Marisa Berenson in New York City and Rusty Hamer in Tenafly.
Angel and the Badman, directed by James Edward Grant, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
while Gentleman's Agreement by Laura Z. Hobson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Dancing on Air.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 February 1947!
Which were the important events of 15 February 1947 ?
- John Frum Day in Vanuatu 
- Gummy Bear Day in United States
- National Day in Serbia
- Candlemas in Russia and other Eastern Orthodox countries
- Saint Siegfried of Sweden
- Saints Faustin and Jovita
- Saint Georgia
- Blessed Claude de la ColombiFre
- Flag Day in Canada
- Marisa Berenson in New York City: New York, USA; actress (Barry Lyndon, Death in Vienna, SOB).
- Rusty Hamer in Tenafly: New Jersey, USA; actor (Rusty - Make Room for Daddy).
- John Coolidge Adams: American composer.
- David Brown: American musician (Santana) (d. 2000).
- John Adams in Worcester: Massachusetts, USA; composer (Nixon on China).
- Adam Nadasdy: Hungarian linguist and poet
- Marisa Berenson: American fashion model with an ethereal, yet somewhat vacant beauty. From a cultured and prestigious family background, she began her career as a famed jet-setter and international model with a Vogue photo. She made her film debut in Visconti's "Death in Venice," but her best roles were in "Cabaret," 1975 and "Barry Lyndon," 1980. She also played in the TV drama series, "Holocaust." She maintains homes in Beverly Hills and Manhattan, but travels extensively, intermittently working in Europe. Ber
- Ademar Mello: Brazilian UFOlogist since 1970 and an astrologer since 1972; he lectures in both themes. He established his own school, is a consultant in karmic astrology and has a B.S. in mathematics.
- Scott Siegler: American television executive, Senior Vice-President for Creative Affairs at Warner bros. in 1982.
- Mario Garcia: Teacher
- John Adams: American composer
- Rusty Hamer: American actor and singer (d. 1990)
- Ádám Nádasdy: Hungarian linguist and poet
- Toplitzky of Notre Dame closes at Century Theater NYC after 60 performances
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1947 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Al Jolson - The Anniversary Song
- Linda - Ray Noble Orchestra (Vocal Buddy Clark)
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?