Thursday 6 February 1947
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aquarius (see planets position on February 6, 1947). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Michèle André and Richard Bowring.
The Sin of Harold Diddlebock, directed by Preston Sturges, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching Muffin the Mule.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 6 February 1947
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 February 1947!
Which were the important events of 6 February 1947 ?
- Bob Marley Day in Rastafarianism (Jamaica and Ethiopia)
- Waitangi Day (National Holiday) in New Zealand
- Sami National Day (known as Lapps; in Finland and Scandinavia)
- Saint Amandus, Apostle of the Franks
- Saint Vedastus (+540)
- Saint Dorothea, patron saint of florists
- Saint Paul Miki
- Michèle André
- Charles Hickcox: United States -- 200m / 400m medley swimmer (1968 Olympics - 3 Gold Medals).
- Richard Bowring: English orientalist and academic.
- Bill Staines: American singer-songwriter and guitarist.
- Daniel Yergin: American historian and author.
- South Pacific Commission (SPC) founded.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1947 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Open The Door, Richard (Part 1) - Dusty Fletcher
- Open The Door, Richard! - Count Basie & His Orchestra
- Open The Door, Richard - Three Flames