Wednesday 12 February 1947
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aquarius (see planets position on February 12, 1947). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Guus Willemse and Jarnail Singh Bhindranwale.
Carnegie Hall, directed by Edgar G. Ulmer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching Muffin the Mule.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 12 February 1947
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 February 1947!
Which were the important events of 12 February 1947 ?
- United States - Lincoln's Birthday (traditionally).
- Saint Alexis of Moscow
- Saint Benedict of Aniane
- Red Hand Day
- Darwin Day.
- National Freedom to Marry Day (unofficial).
- Georgia Day in the U.S. state of Georgia.
- Saint Damian of Alexandria
- Guus Willemse: Dutch bassist / singer (Solution).
- Jarnail Singh Bhindranwale: Indian leader of Damdami Taksal (d. 1984).
- Jim Durham: American sportscaster.
- Daytime fireball and meteorite fall seen in eastern Siberia
- Record 100.5-kg sailfish caught, C W Stewart, Galapagos Islands.
- A meteor creates an impact crater in Sikhote-Alin, in the Soviet Union.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1947 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Linda - Ray Noble Orchestra (Vocal Buddy Clark)
- The Anniversary Song - Al Jolson