Wednesday 5 February 1947
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Claude King and David Ladd in Los Angeles.
Lady in the Lake, directed by Robert Montgomery, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
while The Miracle of the Bells by Russell Janne was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Dancing on Air.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 February 1947!
Which were the important events of 5 February 1947 ?
- Kashmir Day observes as public holiday in Pakistan.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Agatha of Sicily, patron saint of firework makers and glass blowers.
- Saint Bertolf
- Claude King: Singer.
- David Ladd in Los Angeles: California, USA; actor (Raymie, Catlow, Misty, Deathline).
- Mary Louise Cleave in Southampton: New York, USA; PhD/astronaut (STS 61-B, STS 30).
- Benoît Jacquot: French film director and screenwriter who has had a varied career in European cinema.
- David Ladd: American actor, filmmaker and noted family, the son of actor Alan Ladd.
- Regina Duarte: Brazilian actress
- Clemente Mastella: Italian politician Italian Minister of Justice
- Darrell Waltrip: American race car driver and sportscaster
- Bolewet Beirut becomes President of Poland.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1947 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Managua, Nicaragus - Kay Kyser & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?