Thursday 15 June 1911
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Wilbert Vere Awdry and Alfred Loewenguth.
The Coffin Ship, directed by Not Specified, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 15 June 1911
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 June 1911!
Which were the important events of 15 June 1911 ?
- Commemoration of Evelyn Underhill (Anglican mystic and poet)
- Roman Catholic Church ? Feast of Saint Germaine Cousin, patron of shepherdesses and of victims of child abuse
- Roman Catholic Church and some Anglican churches: Corpus Christi (moveable feast, 2006)
- Saint Vitus' Day ? Vitus Diena held in medieval Latvia
- Malawi's Freedom Day
- Commemoration of William Adams (Miura Anjin ????) a man shipwrecked in Japan in the 1600s, and whom James Clavell's "Shogun" was based upon
- Flag Day in Denmark
- Roman Empire ? ninth and final day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- Wilbert Vere Awdry
- Alfred Loewenguth: French violinist, orchestra director and teacher.
- WV Awdry: British children's writer (d. 1997).
- Wilbert Awdry: British writer, the beloved author of "Thomas the Tank Engine," "Henry, Edward and Gordon, the Other Steam-engines," and "The Fat Controller.
- Tabulating Computing Recording Corporation (IBM) is incorporated.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1911 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Way Down East - Peerless Quartet (Columbia Male Quartet)
- That Loving Soul Kiss - Sophie Tucker