Thursday 15 June 1911
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include WV Awdry and Wilbert Awdry.
The Infant at Snakeville, directed by Gilbert M. 'Broncho Billy' Anderson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
while The Prodigal Judge by Vaughan Kester was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 June 1911!
Which were the important events of 15 June 1911 ?
- Commemoration of Evelyn Underhill (Anglican mystic and poet)
- Roman Catholic Church ? Feast of Saint Germaine Cousin, patron of shepherdesses and of victims of child abuse
- Roman Catholic Church and some Anglican churches: Corpus Christi (moveable feast, 2006)
- Saint Vitus' Day ? Vitus Diena held in medieval Latvia
- Malawi's Freedom Day
- Commemoration of William Adams (Miura Anjin ????) a man shipwrecked in Japan in the 1600s, and whom James Clavell's "Shogun" was based upon
- Flag Day in Denmark
- Roman Empire ? ninth and final day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- WV Awdry: British children's writer (d. 1997).
- Wilbert Awdry: British writer, the beloved author of "Thomas the Tank Engine," "Henry, Edward and Gordon, the Other Steam-engines," and "The Fat Controller.
- Alfred Loewenguth: French violinist, orchestra director and teacher.
- Tabulating Computing Recording Corporation (IBM) is incorporated.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1911 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Piano Man - Billy Murray
- Honey Love - That Girl Quartet
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?