Thursday 22 June 1911
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Michel Dens and Guus Jansen.
The Infant at Snakeville, directed by Gilbert M. 'Broncho Billy' Anderson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
while The Iron Woman by Margaret Deland was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 June 1911!
Which were the important events of 22 June 1911 ?
- Michel Dens: French baritone, particularly associated with the French repertory, both opera and operetta.
- Guus Jansen: Jazz pianist (Net als Toen).
- Marie Philipsen-Braun: Swimmer (1928 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Edward Booher: American publisher, with McGraw-Hill book company.
- King George V of England crowned.
- George V and Mary of Teck are crowned King and Queen of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1911 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Way Down East - Peerless Quartet (Columbia Male Quartet)
- That Loving Soul Kiss - Sophie Tucker
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?