Friday 9 June 1911
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include André Dewavrin and Frederick Merrick.
The Inheritance, directed by Bobby Roth, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 9 June 1911
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 June 1911!
Which were the important events of 9 June 1911 ?
- Saint Efrem=Saint Ephraim, deacon, Doctor of the Church
- Blessed Diana d'Andalo
- Saint Pelagia, virgin, martyr [BLS]
- Saint Vincent, deacon, martyr [BLS]
- Blessed Richard, bishop of Andria, Apulia
- Saint Liborius, bishop (of LeMans), confessor [GTZ: LeMans]
- Saint Edmund, bishop of Canturbury, confessor (Translation day) [GTZ: England]
- Saint Diomedes
- =? Blessed Columba, abbot, confessor [GTZ: Scotland]
- Saint Columba (called Saint Columcille in Ireland, where he is honoured as one of the islands three patron saints)
- Saint Alexander, martyr [GTZ: Russia]
- Roman Empire paganism - third day of the Vestalia in honor of the goddess Vesta
- Saint Primus and Felicianus, martyrs [common]
- André Dewavrin
- George Webb: British actor (d. 1998).
- Frederick Merrick: Irish musician, composer.
- Terence Rattigan: British playwright, a master of the well-made play, a notable success from 1936, when he achieved his first London success with "French Without Tears.
- Andr? Dewravain: Paris 16?me Military man.
- Carry Amelia Moore Nation: American temperance leader.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1911 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Piano Man - Billy Murray
- Honey Love - That Girl Quartet