Friday 9 June 1911
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include George Webb and Frederick Merrick.
The Infant at Snakeville, directed by Gilbert M. 'Broncho Billy' Anderson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
while The Winning of Barbara Worth by Harold Bell Wright was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 June 1911!
Which were the important events of 9 June 1911 ?
- Saint Efrem=Saint Ephraim, deacon, Doctor of the Church
- Blessed Diana d'Andalo
- Saint Pelagia, virgin, martyr [BLS]
- Saint Vincent, deacon, martyr [BLS]
- Blessed Richard, bishop of Andria, Apulia
- Saint Liborius, bishop (of LeMans), confessor [GTZ: LeMans]
- Saint Edmund, bishop of Canturbury, confessor (Translation day) [GTZ: England]
- Saint Diomedes
- =? Blessed Columba, abbot, confessor [GTZ: Scotland]
- Saint Columba (called Saint Columcille in Ireland, where he is honoured as one of the islands three patron saints)
- Saint Alexander, martyr [GTZ: Russia]
- Roman Empire paganism - third day of the Vestalia in honor of the goddess Vesta
- Saint Primus and Felicianus, martyrs [common]
- George Webb: British actor (d. 1998).
- Frederick Merrick: Irish musician, composer.
- Terence Rattigan: British playwright, a master of the well-made play, a notable success from 1936, when he achieved his first London success with "French Without Tears.
- Andr? Dewravain: Paris 16?me Military man.
- Carry Amelia Moore Nation: American temperance leader.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1911 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- I'm Falling in Love with Someone - John McCormack
- All Aboard for Blanket Bay - Ada Jones
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?