Friday 30 June 1911
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Czeslaw Milosz and Virginia Smith.
Dante's Inferno, directed by Francesco Bertolini, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 June 1911!
Which were the important events of 30 June 1911 ?
- Independence Day in the Democratic Republic of the Congo.
- First Martyrs of the See of Rome.
- Czeslaw Milosz: Polish / American writer (Bells in Winter, Nobel 1980).
- Virginia Smith: (Rep-R-Nebraska, 1975- ).
- James Schwarzenbach: Right-wing, Republican Swiss politician, in the 1970s head of the short-lived Republican Movement and publicist of fascist, völkisch and antisemitic literature, his Thomas-Verlag.
- Paul Rouleau: Luxeuil les Bains EXecutives.
- Czesław Miłosz: Polish poet and author Nobel Prize laureate (d. 2004).
- Adolphe Messimy appointed French Minister of War
- US Assay Office in Saint Louis, Missouri closes.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1911 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Put Your Arms Around Me, Honey - Ada Jones
- Day Dreams, Visions of Bliss - Henry Burr & Elise Stevenson
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?