Monday 19 June 1911
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Dudley Senanayake and Mike Todd.
The Infant at Snakeville, directed by Gilbert M. 'Broncho Billy' Anderson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
while The Iron Woman by Margaret Deland was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 June 1911!
Which were the important events of 19 June 1911 ?
- Juneteenth ? celebrates the Emancipation Proclamation.
- Dudley Senanayake: Ceylonese (now Sri Lanka) politician, who became the second Prime Minister of Ceylon, 1952-1953, and went on to become prime minister two more times (21 March - 21 July 1960)(1965-1970).
- Mike Todd: American movie producer of Broadway plays and TV and the owner of TV production companies.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1911 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- That Loving Soul Kiss - Sophie Tucker
- Way Down East - Peerless Quartet (Columbia Male Quartet)
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?