Monday 15 May 1911
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on May 15, 1911). The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Max Frisch and Leo Fuchs.
The Manicure Lady, directed by Mack Sennett, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 15 May 1911
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 May 1911!
Which were the important events of 15 May 1911 ?
- Paraguay - Independence Day. Celebrations for the anniversary of the independence begin on Flag Day, 14 May.
- Nakba Day in Palestinian communities.
- Roman Empire - Mercuralia in honor of Mercury held.
- International day of climate changes.
- International conscientious objectors' day.
- Buddha's Birthday in Taiwan, Hong Kong, Macau and South Korea (2005).
- United States - Peace Officers Memorial Day.
- International day of families.
- Teacher's Day in Mexico (Dfa del Maestro) and South Korea (??? ?).
- Saint Dymphna
- Saint Achillius
- Saint Gerebern
- Saint Isidore the Labourer
- Saint Jean-Baptiste de la Salle
- Saint Reticius
- Saint Denise
- Slovenia - Day of Slovenian armed forces.
- Max Frisch: Swiss playwright and novelist, regarded as highly representative of German-language literature after World War II.
- Leo Fuchs: Polish / US Yiddish actor (Galitzianer Cowboy).
- Herta Oberheuser: German physician (d. 1978).
- Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Indiana University, incorporates.
- British house of commons accept Parliament Bill.
- In Standard Oil Co. of New Jersey v. United States, the United States Supreme Court declares Standard Oil to be an ''unreasonable'' monopoly under the Sherman Antitrust Act and orders the company to be broken up.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1911 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Aida - Duet, Act IV: Aida a Me Togliesti (Aida Thou Hast Taken) - Enrico Caruso
- I Love It - American Quartet
- Gems from Babes in Toyland - Victor Light Opera Co.