Wednesday 7 June 1911
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Franz Reizenstein and Silas Roy Crain.
The Infant at Snakeville, directed by Gilbert M. 'Broncho Billy' Anderson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
while The Iron Woman by Margaret Deland was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 June 1911!
Which were the important events of 7 June 1911 ?
- Luciana, virgin, martyr [WTS (Bruges)]
- Blessed Maria Theresia of Soubiran (died 1889)
- Saint Procopius [PCP (Paris), as Proces]
- Saint Wulstan, bishop of Worcester, confessor (Translation day)
- Malta - Sette giugno - Riot in Malta that began the road to self government and then independence.
- Roman Catholic Church and some Anglican churches: Corpus Christi (moveable feast, 2007)
- Colman, bishop of Dromore [BLS]
- Saint Godoald, bishop, confessor
- Norway - Union Dissolution Day, observing the 1905 decision to dissolve the Union between Sweden and Norway.
- Saint Maximinus, bishop of Aix, confessor
- Roman Empire - first day of the Vestalia (penus vestae) in honor of Vesta.
- Saint Robert, abbot of Chichester
- Blessed Robert, abbot of Newminster, Northumberland
- saint Servatius, bishop, confessor or martyr (Translation day)
- Blessed Paul, bishop of Constantinople, martyr
- Blessed Meriadec, bishop (of Vannes
- Blessed Godeschalc, prince of the Vandals, martyr
- Saint Fortunatus, bishop, confessor
- Blessed Anna of St. Bartholomaeus (died 1626)
- Blessed Willibald
- Franz Reizenstein: Composer.
- Silas Roy Crain: Singer / arranger / songwriter.
- Mario Perazzolo: Italy sport Champion.
- Brooks Stevens: American engineer and designer designed the Wienermobile (d. 1995).
- Maurice Rouvier: French statesman who had some success in balancing the budget during periods of his seven terms as Minister of Finance, and two terms as Prime Minister of the Third Republic.
- Mexican Revolution: Francisco Madero arrives in Mexico City just after a local earthquake.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1911 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- All Aboard for Blanket Bay - Ada Jones
- I'm Falling in Love with Someone - John McCormack
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?