Monday 26 June 1911
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Babe Zaharias and Babe Didrickson Zaharias.
The Coffin Ship, directed by Not Specified, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 26 June 1911
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 June 1911!
Which were the important events of 26 June 1911 ?
- Saints John and Paul
- The United Nations' Day in Support of Victims of Torture.
- Flag Day in Romania
- Sunthorn Phu Day in Thailand
- Independence Day in Madagascar
- Saint Josemarfa Escriv� (d. 1975)
- Babe Zaharias: Golfer.
- Babe Didrickson Zaharias
- Didrickson: American athlete known as the greatest woman athlete in history, as a golfer, in the hurdle and javelin throw, basketball, baseball, football, pocket billiards and tennis, some boxing and swimming events.
- Edward Levi: professor (Intro to Legal Reasoning).
- Bronisław Żurakowski: Polish pilot and engineer (d. 2009).
- Rolf Karlsen: Norwegian organist, pianist, educationalist, and composer.
- Carlo Dapporto: Italian film actor who appeared in 35 films between 1944 and 1987.
- Nieuport sets an aircraft speed record of 83 mph (133 kph).
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1911 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Tell Her I Love Her So - Reed Miller
- John McCormack - Mother Machree
- Steamboat Bill - Arthur Collins