Thursday 29 June 1911
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Bernhard and Katherine DeMille.
Dante's Inferno, directed by Francesco Bertolini, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
while The Harvester by Gene Stratton Porter was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 June 1911!
Which were the important events of 29 June 1911 ?
- The Netherlands - Veterans Day.
- Feast of Saints Peter and Paul (also a local holiday in Rome, of which they are patron saints)
- Seychelles - Independence Day.
- Bernhard: Dutch consort of Queen Juliana of Holland who was married on 1/07/1937.
- Katherine DeMille: Canadian-American actress (d. 1995).
- Bernard Herrmann: American composer and conductor (d. 1975).
- Freiherr Gautsch von Frankenthurn becomes Premier
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1911 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Put Your Arms Around Me, Honey - Ada Jones
- Day Dreams, Visions of Bliss - Henry Burr & Elise Stevenson
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?