Thursday 29 June 1911
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Bernard Herrmann and Prince Bernhard of Lippe-Biesterfeld.
The Coffin Ship, directed by Not Specified, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 29 June 1911
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 June 1911!
Which were the important events of 29 June 1911 ?
- The Netherlands - Veterans Day.
- Feast of Saints Peter and Paul (also a local holiday in Rome, of which they are patron saints)
- Seychelles - Independence Day.
- Bernard Herrmann: American composer and conductor (d. 1975).
- Prince Bernhard of Lippe-Biesterfeld
- Bernhard: Dutch consort of Queen Juliana of Holland who was married on 1/07/1937.
- Katherine DeMille: Canadian-American actress (d. 1995).
- Freiherr Gautsch von Frankenthurn becomes Premier
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1911 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Tell Her I Love Her So - Reed Miller
- John McCormack - Mother Machree
- Steamboat Bill - Arthur Collins