Thursday 15 June 1933
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Sergio Endrigo and Mark Jones.
His Private Secretary, directed by Philip H. Whitman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1933
while Magnificent Obsession by Lloyd C. Douglas was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 June 1933!
Which were the important events of 15 June 1933 ?
- Commemoration of Evelyn Underhill (Anglican mystic and poet)
- Roman Catholic Church ? Feast of Saint Germaine Cousin, patron of shepherdesses and of victims of child abuse
- Roman Catholic Church and some Anglican churches: Corpus Christi (moveable feast, 2006)
- Saint Vitus' Day ? Vitus Diena held in medieval Latvia
- Malawi's Freedom Day
- Commemoration of William Adams (Miura Anjin ????) a man shipwrecked in Japan in the 1600s, and whom James Clavell's "Shogun" was based upon
- Flag Day in Denmark
- Roman Empire ? ninth and final day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- Sergio Endrigo: Italian singer-songwriter, who has been often compared—for style and nature—to authors of the so-called "Genoa school" like Gino Paoli, Fabrizio De André, Luigi Tenco, and Bruno Lauzi.
- Mark Jones: English footballer (d. 1958).
- Mohammad-Ali Rajai: Iranian politician 2nd President of Iran (d. 1981).
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?