Friday 30 June 1933
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Lea Massari and Derek Bentley.
His Private Secretary, directed by Philip H. Whitman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1933
while One More River by John Galsworth was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Star Map on 30 June 1933
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 June 1933!
Which were the important events of 30 June 1933 ?
- Independence Day in the Democratic Republic of the Congo.
- First Martyrs of the See of Rome.
- Lea Massari: Italian actress who become known in art cinema for two roles, the missing girl Anna in Michelangelo Antonioni's L'avventura (1960), and as Clara, the mother of a sexually precocious 14 year old boy named Laurent (Benoît Ferreux) in Louis Malle's Murmur of the Heart (1971).
- Derek Bentley: British homicide accomplice who suffered from a head injury at four when he fell 15 feet; the injury left him learning disabled, with severe epilepsy and retarded.
- Tomislav Ivić: Croatian football coach and manager (d. 2011).
- M Smith: English cricketer and rugby player.
- Orval Tessier: Canadian ice hockey player and coach.
- 50,000 demonstrate in Antwerp against fascism / war
- US Assay Offices in Helena (Montana), Boise (Idaho), and Salt Lake City (Utah) close.
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?