Friday 15 June 1973
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Neil Patrick Harris and Greg Vaughan.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to My Love by Paul McCartney.
In UK Can The Can by Suzi Quatro was in the top 5 hits.
The Exorcist, directed by William Friedkin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1973
while Dr. Atkins' Diet Revolution by Dr. Robert Atkins was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Warship.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Lunar Lander or Gotcha.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 June 1973!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 15 June 1973 ?
- Commemoration of Evelyn Underhill (Anglican mystic and poet)
- Roman Catholic Church ? Feast of Saint Germaine Cousin, patron of shepherdesses and of victims of child abuse
- Roman Catholic Church and some Anglican churches: Corpus Christi (moveable feast, 2006)
- Saint Vitus' Day ? Vitus Diena held in medieval Latvia
- Malawi's Freedom Day
- Commemoration of William Adams (Miura Anjin ????) a man shipwrecked in Japan in the 1600s, and whom James Clavell's "Shogun" was based upon
- Flag Day in Denmark
- Roman Empire ? ninth and final day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- Neil Patrick Harris
- Greg Vaughan: American model and actor.
- Carmen Alcayde
- Pia Miranda: Australian actress.
- Tore Andre Flo: Norwegian footballer.
- Mickaël Blanc: French chef and interior decorator, who was convicted for drug trafficking in Indonesia after 3.8 kilograms of hashish was found in his diving gear while attempting to enter Bali, Indonesia.
- Neil Harris: TV Actor.
- Tore Flo: Norwegian footballer and coach.
- Dean McAmmond: Grand Cache -- NHL left wing (Edmonton Oilers).
- Matt Stevens: Safety (Philadelphia Eagles).
- Neil Patrick Harris in Albuquerque: New Mexico, USA; actor (Doogie Howser).
- American Graffiti opens in New York City
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1973 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Paul McCartney - My Love
- Clint Holmes - Playground In My Mind
- Sylvia - Pillow Talk
- Barry White - I'm Gonna Love You Just A Little More Baby
- Elton John - Daniel
- Edgar Winter - Frankenstein
- Billy Preston - Will It Go Round In Circles
- George Harrison - Give Me Love (Give Me Peace On Earth)
- Paul Simon - Kodachrome
- Dawn - Tie A Yellow Ribbon Round The Ole Oak Tree
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?