Tuesday June 26, 1973
US date format: 6/26/1973, UK date format: 26/6/1973
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer (see birth chart on June 26, 1973). The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Edward Heath (Conservative), Pope St Paul VI was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Samuel Benchetrit and Issa-Aimé Nthépé.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Give Me Love (Give Me Peace On Earth) by George Harrison.
In UK Welcome Home by Peters & Lee was in the top 5 hits.
Oklahoma Crude, directed by Stanley Kramer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1973
while Once Is Not Enough by Jacqueline Susann was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Der Bastian.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing TREK73 or Lunar Lander.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of June 26, 1973?
- Saints John and Paul
- The United Nations' Day in Support of Victims of Torture.
- Flag Day in Romania
- Sunthorn Phu Day in Thailand
- See more
- London production of Grease premieres
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 26, 1973?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
- George Harrison - Give Me Love (Give Me Peace On Earth)
- Paul McCartney - My Love
- Billy Preston - Will It Go Round In Circles
- Barry White - I'm Gonna Love You Just A Little More Baby
- Paul Simon - Kodachrome
- Sylvia - Pillow Talk
- Clint Holmes - Playground In My Mind
- The Doobie Brothers - Long Train Runnin'
- Dr. John - Right Place Wrong Time
- Three Dog Night - Shambala
Top #5 songs in the UK
Top #10 R&B songs
- The Spinners - One Of A Kind (Love Affair)
- Fred Wesley & The J.B.'s - Doing It To Death
- The O'Jays - Time To Get Down
- Gladys Knight And The Pips - Daddy Could Swear, I Declare
- Barry White - I'm Gonna Love You Just a Little Bit More Baby
- The Manhattans - There's No Me Without You
- The Dramatics - Hey You! Get Off My Mountain
- The Stylistics - You'll Never Get To Heaven (If You Break My Heart)
- The Intruders - I'll Always Love My Mama (Part I)
- The Dells - Give Your Baby A Standing Ovation
Make this day unforgettable
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Days to next June 26If June 26, 1973 is your birthday you're 47 years, 2 months, 23 days old and you'll celebrate your next birthday in 9 months, 8 days.
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?