Tuesday 19 June 1973
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Nâdiya and Leticia Spiller.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to My Love by Paul McCartney.
In UK Can The Can by Suzi Quatro was in the top 5 hits.
The Exorcist, directed by William Friedkin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1973
while The Joy Of Sex by Alex Comfort was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Match Game 73.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Space Race or TREK73.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 19 June 1973 ?
- Juneteenth ? celebrates the Emancipation Proclamation.
- Yuko Nakazawa: Japanese singer and actress (Morning Musume and Dream Morning Musume).
- Yasuhiko Yabuta: Japanese baseball player.
- Arne van de Berg: Soccer player (Willem II).
- Lisa Williams: British psychic and healer who has appeared in two shows on Lifetime Television.
- Jahine Arnold: Wide receiver (Pittsburgh Steelers).
- Mónica Ayos: Argentinian actress and dancer.
- Rocky Horror Picture Show, stage production opens in London
- Pete Rose and Willie Davis both get career hit number 2,000.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1973 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Paul McCartney - My Love
- Clint Holmes - Playground In My Mind
- Barry White - I'm Gonna Love You Just A Little More Baby
- Billy Preston - Will It Go Round In Circles
- George Harrison - Give Me Love (Give Me Peace On Earth)
- Sylvia - Pillow Talk
- Paul Simon - Kodachrome
- Elton John - Daniel
- The Doobie Brothers - Long Train Runnin'
- Dr. John - Right Place Wrong Time
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?