Thursday 28 June 1973
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Alberto Berastegui and Brian Maisonneuve.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Give Me Love (Give Me Peace On Earth) by George Harrison.
In UK Can The Can by Suzi Quatro was in the top 5 hits.
40 Carats, directed by Milton Katselas, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1973
while Once Is Not Enough by Jacqueline Susann was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Match Game 73.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Lemonade Stand or Space Race.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 June 1973!
Which were the important events of 28 June 1973 ?
- Feast of St Irenaeus of Lyon
- Vidovdan, Orthodox religious holiday commemorating St. Vitus
- National Handshake Day
- Alberto Berastegui: Spain -- Tennis star.
- Brian Maisonneuve: Detroit, Michigan -- Soccer midfielder (1996 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Ingrid Seynhaeve: Brussels, Belgium -- Model (Look of the Year 1991).
- Adrian Annus: Hungarian athlete.
- Adrián Annus: Hungarian hammer thrower.
- Corey Koskie: Canadian baseball player
- Black Sports Hall of Fame forms: Paul Robeson, Elgin Baylor, Jesse Owens, Jim Brown, Wilma Rudolph, Joe Louis and Althea Gibson elected
- Elections are held for the Northern Ireland Assembly, which will lead to power-sharing between unionists and nationalists in Northern Ireland for the first time.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 28 June 1973
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1973 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- George Harrison - Give Me Love (Give Me Peace On Earth)
- Paul McCartney - My Love
- Billy Preston - Will It Go Round In Circles
- Barry White - I'm Gonna Love You Just A Little More Baby
- Paul Simon - Kodachrome
- Sylvia - Pillow Talk
- Clint Holmes - Playground In My Mind
- The Doobie Brothers - Long Train Runnin'
- Dr. John - Right Place Wrong Time
- Three Dog Night - Shambala
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?