Sunday 6 June 1948
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Augusta Hornblower and Al Checchi.
The Lady from Shanghai, directed by Rita Hayworth, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
while The Bishop's Mantle by Agnes Sligh Turnbull was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Texaco Star Theatre.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 June 1948!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 6 June 1948 ?
- Memorial Day - South Korea.
- Doomsday (weekday)
- Queensland Day.
- National holiday of Sweden.
- D-Day landings - Europe.
- Bonza Bottler Day - USA.
- National Yo-yo Day - USA.
- Augusta Hornblower: American Republican state representative and Minority Whip, a nationally known Republican woman.
- Al Checchi: American business executive with Marriott Hotels in 1975, with Bass Brothers in 1982, then with Disney Corp.
- Tina Lenert: American mime artist born in Venezuela.
- Rocco Buttiglione
- Tony Levin: American bassist (King Crimson).
- Richard Sinclair: English musician (Caravan).
- Louis Lumiere: French movie pioneer (Born 1864).
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?