Friday 15 June 1923
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on June 15, 1923). The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Erland Josephson and Ninian Stephen.
The Shock, directed by Lambert Hillyer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1923
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 15 June 1923
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 June 1923!
Which were the important events of 15 June 1923 ?
- Commemoration of Evelyn Underhill (Anglican mystic and poet)
- Roman Catholic Church ? Feast of Saint Germaine Cousin, patron of shepherdesses and of victims of child abuse
- Roman Catholic Church and some Anglican churches: Corpus Christi (moveable feast, 2006)
- Saint Vitus' Day ? Vitus Diena held in medieval Latvia
- Malawi's Freedom Day
- Commemoration of William Adams (Miura Anjin ????) a man shipwrecked in Japan in the 1600s, and whom James Clavell's "Shogun" was based upon
- Flag Day in Denmark
- Roman Empire ? ninth and final day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- Erland Josephson: Stockholm, Sweden -- Actor / dramatist (Utflykt).
- Ninian Stephen: English-Australian lieutenant judge and politician 20th Governor-General of Australia.
- Alexander Stamboeliski: Premier Bulgaria (1919-23).
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1923 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Farewell Blues - Isham Jones & His Orchestra
- The Lost Chord - John McCormack
- Dearest (You're the Nearest to My Heart) - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra