Sunday 15 June 1924
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on June 15, 1924). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Gene Steele and Ezer Weizman.
The Runaway, directed by Nick DeRuve, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 15 June 1924
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 June 1924!
Which were the important events of 15 June 1924 ?
- Commemoration of Evelyn Underhill (Anglican mystic and poet)
- Roman Catholic Church ? Feast of Saint Germaine Cousin, patron of shepherdesses and of victims of child abuse
- Roman Catholic Church and some Anglican churches: Corpus Christi (moveable feast, 2006)
- Saint Vitus' Day ? Vitus Diena held in medieval Latvia
- Malawi's Freedom Day
- Commemoration of William Adams (Miura Anjin ????) a man shipwrecked in Japan in the 1600s, and whom James Clavell's "Shogun" was based upon
- Flag Day in Denmark
- Roman Empire ? ninth and final day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- Gene Steele: American astrologer and tarot card reader, his client came from both stage and screen.
- Ezer Weizman: Israeli politician, the seventh President of Israel, first elected in 1993 and re-elected in 1998.
- Hédi Fried: Swedish author and psychologist.
- 1st transmission of radio Bloemendaal
- Ford Motor Company manufactures its 10 millionth Model T automobile
- J Edgar Hoover assumed leadership of the FBI