Tuesday 15 October 1946
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Richard Carpenter and Richard Carpenter in New Haven.
The Dark Mirror, directed by Robert Siodmak, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
while This Side of Innocence by Taylor Caldwell was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Stars in Your Eyes.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 October 1946!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 15 October 1946 ?
- United States - White Cane Safety Day, National Grouch Day, Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Day
- R.C. Saints - Saint Teresa of Avila
- Roman festivals - the Equirria or October equus: sacrifice of a horse to Mars
- French Republican Calendar - Amaryllis (Amaryllis) Day, twenty-fourth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Richard Carpenter: American musician, a member of a popular brother-sister singing team, "The Carpenters" who sold millions of hit records in the early '70s.
- Richard Carpenter in New Haven: Connecticut, USA; vocalist (Carpenters - "Close to You").
- Victor Banerjee: Calcutta, India -- Actor (A Passage to India).
- Palle Danielsson: Swedish bassist and composer.
- John Getz: American actor.
- Stewart Stevenson: Scottish engineer and politician Minister for Environment and Climate Change.
- Hermann Goering: Nazi Reichmarshal, poisons himself in prison.
- Smallest World Series share since 1918 (Cards $3,748, Red Sox $2,140)
- St. Louis Cardinals beat Boston Red Sox, 4 games to 3 in 43rd World Series
- Enos Slaughter scores a run from first base on a single in the 43rd World Series.
- Nazi War criminals convicted in the Nuremberg Trials are executed by hanging in a gymnasium in the Nuremberg Palace of Justice premises.
- The United Nations' first meeting in Long Island is held.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1946 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Five Minutes More - Skitch Henderson & His Orchestra
- Rumers are Flying - Tony Martin
- Hoagy Carmichael - Ole Buttermilk Sky
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?