Sunday September 15, 1918
US date format: 9/15/1918, UK date format: 15/9/1918
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo (see birth chart on September 15, 1918). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democrat), the UK Prime Minister was David Lloyd George (Liberal), Pope Benedict XV was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Paul Auriol and Alfred Chandler.
Huns and Hyphens, directed by Larry Semon, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of September 15, 1918?
- Bulgaria - The first day of school.
- Japan - Respect for the Aged Day before 2003; beginning in 2003, Respect for the Aged Day is held on the third Monday of September.
- The United Kingdom - the British commemorate the Battle of Britain on the day of the last massive Luftwaffe attack in 1940.
- Also see September 15 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics).
- See more
- CH Chubb gives Stonehenge to English state
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 15, 1918?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Lewis James - The Daughter of Rosie O'Grady
- Marion Harris - When Alexander Takes His Ragtime Band to France