Sunday 1 September 1918
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
The Lady of the Dugout, directed by W.S. Van Dyke, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
while Greatheart by Ethel M. Dell was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 September 1918!
Which were the important events of 1 September 1918 ?
- Start of the season when oysters are fit to eat (when month names contain an "R")
- Uzbekistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- In the Eastern Orthodox Church, the new liturgical year begins on September 1. Also see September 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics).
- Church of England - Saint Giles
- Cameroon - Jour d'Union Nationale Camerounaise
- Libya - Revolution Day (1969)
- Russia - Knowledge Day
- Singapore - Teacher's Day
- Start of the partridge-shooting season ("St.Partridge").
- Slovakia - Constitution Day
- Start of cold season.
- Start of new school year in many countries.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 01 September
- Ty Cobb pitches 2 innings against Browns
- Baseball season ends due to WW I.
- US troops land in Vladivostok, Siberia, stay until 1920.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1918 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- The Man Who Put the Germ in Germany - Nora Bayes
- When You Come Home - Henry Burr
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?