Sunday 1 September 1918US date format: 9/1/1918, UK date format: 1/9/1918
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 1, 1918). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Alan Jay Lerner .
Shifting Sands, directed by Albert Parker, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 September 1918
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 September 1918!
Which were the important events of 1 September 1918 ?
- Start of the season when oysters are fit to eat (when month names contain an "R")
- Uzbekistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- In the Eastern Orthodox Church, the new liturgical year begins on September 1. Also see September 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics).
- Church of England - Saint Giles
- Cameroon - Jour d'Union Nationale Camerounaise
- Libya - Revolution Day (1969)
- Russia - Knowledge Day
- Singapore - Teacher's Day
- Start of the partridge-shooting season ("St.Partridge").
- Slovakia - Constitution Day
- Start of cold season.
- Start of new school year in many countries.
- Ty Cobb pitches 2 innings against Browns
- Baseball season ends due to WW I.
- US troops land in Vladivostok, Siberia, stay until 1920.
Planetary positions on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1918 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- The Man Who Put the Germ in Germany - Nora Bayes
- When You Come Home - Henry Burr