Thursday 15 August 1918
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 15, 1918). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Raymond Gallois-Montbrun and Fay Honey Knopp.
Shifting Sands, directed by Albert Parker, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 15 August 1918
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 August 1918!
Which were the important events of 15 August 1918 ?
- Hawaii ? Toro Nagashi (Floating Lantern Ceremony) to commemorate the end of the second world war
- Poland ? Polish Armed Forces Day
- Eastern Orthodoxy ? Feast of the Dormition of the Theotokos, the commemoration of the death of Mary, the mother of Jesus.
- RC Saints ? Feast day of the Assumption of Mary, the mother of Jesus, Holy Day of Obligation. Public Holiday in: Austria, Belgium, Cameroon, Chile, C(te d'Ivoire, Croatia, Cyprus, East Timor, France, Greece, India, Italy, Lebanon, Lithuania, Malta, Mauritius, Poland, Portugal, Seychelles, Slovenia and Spain.
- Acadie ? National Day
- Egypt ? Flooding of the Nile Day
- India ? Independence Day (from the United Kingdom, 1947)
- Korea ? Liberation Day
- Italy ? "Ferragosto", remembrance of an ancient Roman holiday in honor of Augustus (Feriae Augusti)
- Liechtenstein ? Liechtenstein Day
- Tuva ? Tuva Republic Day, Naadym
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Alipius
- St. Arnoul/Arnulphus
- St. MacCartin/Ard/Aed
- The Assumption of Mary - a holy day of obligation
- Ancient Latvia ? M?ras
- Raymond Gallois-Montbrun: French musician and composer, born in Vietnam.
- Fay Honey Knopp: Activist.
- Jean Brossel: French physicist known for his work on quantum optics.
- Peter Gast: Composer, dies at 64.
- 1st full length cartoon (Sinking of Lusitania)
- Russia severs diplomatic ties with US
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1918 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- I'm Always Chasing Rainbows - Sam Ash
- I'm Always Chasing Rainbows - Harry Fox
- Belgian Rose - Henry Burr & Albert Campbell
- Tiger Rag - Original Dixieland Jazz Band