Wednesday 4 September 1918
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include André Essel and Paul Harvey (broadcaster).
The Lady of the Dugout, directed by W.S. Van Dyke, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
while Oh, Money! Money! by Eleanor H. Porter was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 September 1918!
Which were the important events of 4 September 1918 ?
- André Essel: French entrepreneur and political activist.
- Paul Harvey (broadcaster)
- Bill Talbert
- Gerald Wilson: Shelby, Mississippi -- Orchestra leader (Redd Foxx).
- Paul Harvey: Actor (Calamity Jane, Heldorado, Jamboree), dies at 73.
- William Talbert tennis doubles champion (US 1942: 1945, 1946, 1948).
- Billy Talbert: American champion tennis player.
- William Talbert: Cincinnati sports Champions.
- Max Dauthendy: German Painter / Author (Raubmenschen), dies at 51.
- Jhr Ch Ruys de Beerenbrouck becomes 1st Dutch Catholic Premier
- US troops land in Archangel, Russia, stay 10 months.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1918 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- When You Come Home - Henry Burr
- The Man Who Put the Germ in Germany - Nora Bayes
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?