Saturday 28 September 1918
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ángel Labruna and Angel Labruna.
The Goat, directed by Donald Crisp, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
while Oh, Money! Money! by Eleanor H. Porter was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 September 1918!
Which were the important events of 28 September 1918 ?
- Feast day of the following RC Saints Leoba
- St. Wenceslas
- French Republican Calendar - Carotte (Carrot) Day, seventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Taiwan - Teacher's Day (Confucius' birthday)
- Czech Republic - Czech Statehood Day
- Also see September 28 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Lorenzo Ruiz
- Ángel Labruna: Argentinian footballer and manager (d. 1983).
- Angel Labruna: Argentinian football player and coach (d. 1983).
- Arnold Stang: American actor and singer (d. 2009).
- The US offers the fourth Liberty Loan bond issue of $5 billion at 4.25 percent interest.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1918 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- The Garden of My Dreams - Charles Hart
- When We Meet in the Sweet Bye and Bye - Sterling Trio
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?