Tuesday 3 September 1918
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Trygve De Lange and James Harrell.
The Lady of the Dugout, directed by W.S. Van Dyke, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
while The Tree of Heaven by May Sinclair was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 September 1918!
Which were the important events of 3 September 1918 ?
- Trygve De Lange: Norwegian lawyer, politician of the Conservative Party, and secretary-general of Libertas, an organisation founded to promote libertarian ideas after World War 2 in order to counteract socialism and public regulation.
- James Harrell: American actor known as "little Jimmy Harrell from Waco, Texas" who appeared in over 75 film productions, feature films and television shows.
- Helen Wagner: American actress best known for her long-running role as the matriarch, Nancy Hughes McClosky, on the soap opera As the World Turns.
- Tommy Smith: Australian horse trainer (d. 1998).
- 38th US Mens Tennis: R L Murray beats William T Tilden (63 61 75)
- 5 soldiers hanged for alleged participation in Houston riot of 1917
- Allies forced Germans back across Hindenburg Line
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1918 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- The Man Who Put the Germ in Germany - Nora Bayes
- When You Come Home - Henry Burr
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?