Tuesday 3 September 1918US date format: 9/3/1918, UK date format: 3/9/1918
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 3, 1918). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Trygve De Lange and James Harrell.
To the Rescue, directed by Melanie Wood, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 3 September 1918
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 September 1918!
Which were the important events of 3 September 1918 ?
- Trygve De Lange: Norwegian lawyer, politician of the Conservative Party, and secretary-general of Libertas, an organisation founded to promote libertarian ideas after World War 2 in order to counteract socialism and public regulation.
- James Harrell: American actor known as "little Jimmy Harrell from Waco, Texas" who appeared in over 75 film productions, feature films and television shows.
- Helen Wagner: American actress best known for her long-running role as the matriarch, Nancy Hughes McClosky, on the soap opera As the World Turns.
- Tommy Smith: Australian horse trainer (d. 1998).
- 38th US Mens Tennis: R L Murray beats William T Tilden (63 61 75)
- 5 soldiers hanged for alleged participation in Houston riot of 1917
- Allies forced Germans back across Hindenburg Line