Friday 13 September 1918
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Dick Haymes and Rosemary Kennedy.
Johanna Enlists, directed by William Desmond Taylor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
while The Amazing Interlude by Mary Roberts Rinehart was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 September 1918!
Which were the important events of 13 September 1918 ?
- 1999 - Lunar nuclear waste dump explodes, sending the Moon hurtling into deep space in Space: 1999
- RC Saints - St John Chrysostom
- Roman festivals - epulum Iovis: banquet of Jupiter, on the ides during the Ludi Romani
- 2000 - Second Impact in Neon Genesis Evangelion
- Also see September 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Dick Haymes: Argentinean-American singer who began his career as a radio announcer, band vocalist and occasional film extra.
- Rosemary Kennedy: Daughter of an important American family, third child of Joseph and Rose Kennedy, first sister of President John F. Kennedy (29 May 1917), and Senators Robert F. Kennedy (1925) and Ted Kennedy.
- Ray Charles: American singer-songwriter and conductor (d. 2015).
- Train accident at Weesp Neth, kills 42
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1918 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- My Belgian Rose - Charles Hart & Elliot Shaw
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?