Tuesday 17 September 1918
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 17, 1918). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Chaim Herzog and Hubert Rostaing.
Huns and Hyphens, directed by Larry Semon, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 17 September 1918
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 September 1918!
Which were the important events of 17 September 1918 ?
- RC Saints - Feasts of Saint Lambert (martyr), Hildegard of Bingen
- United States - Constitution Day (observed on the previous Friday if it falls in a weekend), Citizenship Day, Von Steuben Day
- Netherlands - Operation Market Garden is still remembered with parachuting and dedications on this day.
- Also see September 17 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- The fourth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries in ancient Greek mythology, when the initiates sacrificed a pig.
- Angola - National Heroes' Day
- Chaim Herzog: Israeli politician, soldier, lawyer and author who served as the sixth President of Israel.
- Hubert Rostaing: French jazz musician (clarinetist and tenor saxophonist) and film/classical music composer.
- Henri Sexe: Besan?on EXecutives.
- Lea Gottlieb: Hungarian-Israeli fashion designer founded the Gottex Company (d. 2012).
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1918 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- I'm Gonna Pin My Medal on the Girl I Left Behind - Peerless Quartet
- There's a Lump of Sugar Down in Dixie - Marion Harris
- Missouri Waltz - Earl Fuller's Novelty Orchestra