Thursday 26 September 1918
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Humphrey van Loo and Malcolm Cagle.
The Goat, directed by Donald Crisp, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
while Dere Mable by Edward Streeter was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 September 1918!
Which were the important events of 26 September 1918 ?
- Humphrey van Loo: Dutch news director (ANP / Reuter).
- Malcolm Cagle: American military a Vice Admiral.
- Eric Morley: English businessman and television host founded the Miss World (d. 2000).
- John Rankine: Welsh author (d. 2013).
- John Zacherle: American television host voice actor and singer.
- Battle of the Argonne, final major battle of WWI
- World War I: The Meuse-Argonne Offensive, the bloodiest single battle in American history, begins.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1918 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- I'm Gonna Pin My Medal on the Girl I Left Behind - Peerless Quartet
- There's a Lump of Sugar Down in Dixie - Marion Harris
- Missouri Waltz - Earl Fuller's Novelty Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?