Saturday 14 September 1918
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Cachao Lopez and Giuseppe Rinaldi.
Huns and Hyphens, directed by Larry Semon, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 14 September 1918
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 September 1918!
Which were the important events of 14 September 1918 ?
- Eastern Orthodox Church - Exaltation of the Cross, which commemorates the discovery of the (allegedly) original Christian cross in 326 by Helena, mother of Constantine, as well as the recovery from the Persians by Heraclius in 628.
- Formerly, in the Roman Catholic and Anglican churches, the Wednesday, Friday and Saturday following 14 September were observed as one of the four sets of Ember days. In the Irish calendar they were known as Quarter tense.
- Roman Catholic Church - Triumph of the Cross (compare May 3, Finding of the Holy Cross).
- In ancient Greece, the first day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, during which the sacred objects were brought from Eleusis to Athens.
- Cachao Lopez: Cuban mambo musician (Born 1918).
- Jack Somack: Chicago, Illinois -- Actor (Ball Four, Stockard Channing Show).
- Giuseppe Rinaldi: Italy Actor.
- Paul Bonneau: Moret sur Loing Musician.
- Georges Berger: Belgian race car driver (d. 1967).
- Cachao López: Cuban-American bassist and composer (d. 2008).
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1918 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- When Alexander Takes His Ragtime Band to France - Marion Harris
- The Daughter of Rosie O'Grady - Lewis James