Friday 16 May 1919
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on May 16, 1919). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Liberace and Richard Mason.
Different from the Others, directed by Richard Oswald, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1919
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 16 May 1919
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 May 1919!
Which were the important events of 16 May 1919 ?
- Saint HonorT of Amiens
- Saint Andrew Bobola
- Saint Ubaldus
- Adelaide Cup day - South Australia (2005).
- Saint Simon Stock
- Saint John Nepomuk or John Nepomucene (1330 - 1393)
- Saint Brendan the Navigator - also in the Irish Calendar.
- Teacher's Day in Malaysia.
- Liberace : American musician and entertainer known for his music, his trademark candelabra, his flamboyant lifestyle and highly affected mannerisms.
- Richard Mason: author.
- Jacques Wacrenier: Neuilly sur Seine Military man.
- Ramon Margalef: Spanish ecologist and biologist (d. 2004).
- A naval Curtiss aircraft NC-4 commanded by Albert Cushing Read leaves Trepassey, Newfoundland, for Lisbon via the Azores on the first transatlantic flight.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1919 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Sand Dunes - Earl Fuller's Novelty Orchestra
- Beautiful Ohio - Henry Burr
- Arabian Nights - Waldorf-Astoria Dance Orchestra
- I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles - Henry Burr & Albert Campbell