Friday 16 May 1919
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Richard Mason and Liberace .
Broken Blossoms or The Yellow Man and the Girl, directed by D.W. Griffith, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1919
while Dangerous Days by Mary Roberts Rinehart was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 May 1919!
Which were the important events of 16 May 1919 ?
- Saint HonorT of Amiens
- Saint Andrew Bobola
- Saint Ubaldus
- Adelaide Cup day - South Australia (2005).
- Saint Simon Stock
- Saint John Nepomuk or John Nepomucene (1330 - 1393)
- Saint Brendan the Navigator - also in the Irish Calendar.
- Teacher's Day in Malaysia.
- Richard Mason: author.
- Liberace : American musician and entertainer known for his music, his trademark candelabra, his flamboyant lifestyle and highly affected mannerisms.
- Jacques Wacrenier: Neuilly sur Seine Military man.
- Ramon Margalef: Spanish ecologist and biologist (d. 2004).
- A naval Curtiss aircraft NC-4 commanded by Albert Cushing Read leaves Trepassey, Newfoundland, for Lisbon via the Azores on the first transatlantic flight.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1919 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Sometime - Joseph C. Smith's Orchestra
- Byron G. Harlan - How Ya Gonna Keep 'Em Down on the Farm (After They've Seen Paree)
- Marche Francaise - Victor Military Band
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?