Tuesday 16 April 1918
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Spike Milligan and Dick Gibson.
The Blue Bird, directed by Maurice Tourneur, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 16 April 1918
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 April 1918!
Which were the important events of 16 April 1918 ?
- Saint Paternus
- Saint Bernadette
- Blessed HervT of Tours
- Saint Turibius
- Saint Fructuosus
- Saint Drogo.
- Saint Benedict Joseph Labre
- Mawlid in Shi'a Islam (2006).
- Birthday of the Danish sovereign, Queen Margrethe, celebrated in Greenland.
- Saints Martial, Urban, Eventius, Caecilian, Julia, and their companions, martyrs of 304
- Spike Milligan: British director and writer best known for "The Goon Show," which began as a radio series on 5/28/1951 with Spike Milligan, Peter Sellers, Harry Decombe and Michael Bentine.
- Spike Milligan Ahmed Nagar India actor/comedian (Digby: Three Musketeers).
- Dick Gibson: English race car driver (d. 2010).
- Hsuan Hua: Chinese-American monk and author (d. 1995).
- Juozas Kazickas: Lithuanian-American businessman and philanthropist (d. 2014).
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1918 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Just a Baby's Prayer at Twilight (For Her Daddy Over There) - Henry Burr
- Liberty Bell (It's Time to Ring Again) - Peerless Quartet
- Are You from Heaven? - Henry Burr
- I'd Like to Be a Monkey in the Zoo - Frances White