Sunday 16 March 1919
It was Sunday, under the sign of Pisces (see planets position on March 16, 1919). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Lawrence Tierney and Erno Kiraly.
Memory Lane, directed by Srikanth.A, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1919
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 16 March 1919
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 March 1919!
Which were the important events of 16 March 1919 ?
- St. Urho's Day - the fictional patron saint of Finnish immigrants to the US, created by Richard Mattson in 1956
- Latvia - The controversial Latvia Legions are celebrated in Latvia, where about 140,000 men joined the Waffen SS National Legions during World War II, trying to defend Latvia. Since February 23, 2000, this day is no longer an official celebration day.
- Saint Heribert of Cologne (died 1021)
- Saint Eusebia (+680)
- Saint Benedicta (+1260)
- Saint Agapitus
- The first day of the Bacchanalia in ancient Rome
Famous Birthdays:16 March
- Sigurd von Koch composer: dies at age 39.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1919 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Bring Back My Bonnie to Me - Alma Gluck & Orpheus Quartet
- Nora Bayes - How Ya Gonna Keep 'Em Down on the Farm
- In the Land of Beginning Again - Charles Harrison