Friday 16 April 1920
It was Friday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Barry Nelson and John William Farr.
Allan Quatermain, directed by Horace Lisle Lucoque, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 April 1920!
Which were the important events of 16 April 1920 ?
- Saint Paternus
- Saint Bernadette
- Blessed HervT of Tours
- Saint Turibius
- Saint Fructuosus
- Saint Drogo.
- Saint Benedict Joseph Labre
- Mawlid in Shi'a Islam (2006).
- Birthday of the Danish sovereign, Queen Margrethe, celebrated in Greenland.
- Saints Martial, Urban, Eventius, Caecilian, Julia, and their companions, martyrs of 304
- Barry Nelson: Oakland -- Actor (Airport, My Favorite Husband).
- John William Farr: Detroit, Michigan -- Bank robber (FBI Most Wanted List).
- Kees Scherer: Dutch photographer (World Press Photo).
- L?on Le Minor: Pont-l'Abb? physician.
- Ananda Dassanayake: Sri Lankan politician (d. 2012).
- John Conrad Nordqvist composer: dies at age 80.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1920 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- That Naughty Waltz - Joseph C. Smith's Orchestra
- Mystery - Paul Biese Trio
- Wonderful Pal - Art Hickman & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?