Thursday 16 January 1930US date format: 1/16/1930, UK date format: 16/1/1930
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on January 16, 1930). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Clarence Ray Allen and Norman Podhoretz in Brooklyn.
Anna Christie, directed by Clarence Brown, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 16 January 1930
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 January 1930!
Which were the important events of 16 January 1930 ?
- National Religious Freedom Day in the United States, to commemorate the adoption of Thomas Jefferson's landmark Virginia Statute for Religious Freedom in 1786
- Teacher's Day in Thailand
- Norman Podhoretz in Brooklyn: New York, USA; author/editor (New York Post).
- Clarence Ray Allen: American murderer (d. 2006).
- Nicole Ladmiral: French actress, who died in Paris on 11 April 1958.
- Louis Poletti: France sport Champion.
- Clarence Allen: American murderer (d. 2006).
- Mary McMorrow: American lawyer and judge (d. 2013).
- Norman Podhoretz: American journalist and author.
- Paula Tilbrook: English actress.