Friday 3 May 1940
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on May 3, 1940). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include David H Koch and Ron Brown (Scottish politician).
I Was an Adventuress, directed by Gregory Ratoff, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
On TV people were watching NBC News (1940 TV Series).
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 3 May 1940
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 3 May 1940 ?
- Saint Apostle James the Lesser
- Black Madonna of Cz?stochowa Queen and Protector of Poland (since April 1, 1656)
- Antonia and Alexander (martyrs of 313)
- Saint Emily Bicchiere (1238 - 1314
- Saints Eventius and Alexander, Saint Theodulus (martyrs of 119)
- Saint Ansfrid (c. 1008)
- Saint Alexander I
- Saint Apostle Philip
- Feast of the Finding of the Holy Cross, aka the Invention of the True Cross.
- Discoflux (Discordianism).
- Constitution Day in Poland and Japan.
- World Press Freedom Day.
- Saint Juvenalis (d. 376)
- David H Koch
- Ron Brown (Scottish politician)
- Ron Brown: Scottish politician, the controversial Member of Parliament representing the Labour party for Leith.
- David Koch: American engineer businessman and philanthropist.
- David H. Koch: Businessman.
- Clemens Westerhof: Dutch footballer and manager.
- Conny Plank: German DJ and producer (Cluster and Moebius & Plank) (d. 1987).
- Konrad ''Conny'' Plank: German record producer and musician.